Hawaii News Now Visits New Pali Momi Infusion Center
The Hawaii Pacific Health Cancer Center at Pali Momi Medical Center completed the second phase of its two-part build-out with the opening of an on-site infusion center in late June 2018.
To celebrate, Pali Momi invited the team from Hawaii News Now's "Sunrise on the Road" to tour the new space and talk with physicians, staff members and patients during a live broadcast from the infusion center.
Here are highlights from the broadcast, which originally aired on July 20, 2018:
- Dr. Jeffrey Killeen, Pathology and Medical Director of the Oncology Service Line, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Dr. John Lederer, Radiation Oncologist and Board Chair, The Cancer Center of Hawaii
- Dr. Ian Okazaki, Medical Oncologist and Department Chief, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Art Gladstone, CEO, Pali Momi and Straub Medical Centers
- Dr. Ronald Yanagihara, Medical Oncologist, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Dr. Randall Holcombe, Director, University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Elvira DeJesus, RN, Oncology Nurse, Pali Momi Medical Center
The Hawaii Pacific Health Cancer Center at Pali Momi Medical Center opened its doors on Oct. 30, 2017. It is the first integrated center of its kind serving Central and West Oahu and the only program in the area nationally accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Designed with the patient experience in mind, the center offers physician consultations, infusion therapy, cancer navigation services and more, including radiation oncology through a collaboration with the Cancer Center of Hawaii.
With the addition of the infusion center, Pali Momi is able to provide patients centralized access to comprehensive, coordinated cancer care through services that include hydration, blood transfusions and injections, as well as survivorship, navigation, lab services for blood draws, and a dedicated pharmacy.
Published on: July 24, 2018