Mikela Yarawamai, MD
Dr. Mikela Yarawamai is a family medicine physician at the Straub Clinic at Pearlridge. Born and raised on Hawaii island, Dr. Yarawamai was trained in California at Scripps Chula Vista.
Her professional interests include preventive medicine, women’s health and family planning. She also is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and Hawaii Academy of Family Physicians.
In her free time, Dr. Yarawamai enjoys running, outrigger paddling and longboarding.
She is happy to be back in Hawaii, caring for patients and promoting preventative medicine.
Recent Articles by Dr. Mikela Yarawamai
Training your stomach can be just as important as your running routine. read more
Whether you want to set a personal record or just have fun, a training plan is important to reach your own race-day goals. read more
Whether you’re out surfing, hiking, enjoying the beach or attacking your daily activities, remember to stay well hydrated throughout the day. read more
- Love Your Liver: Look for These 8 Signs of Organ Damage
- In Defense of Carbs: Why They Can Still Work for Your Eating Plan
- Ocean Safety Advice for Your Beach Baby
- Easing Anxiety Over Colonoscopy Prep
- What Does the Appendix Do & Other Questions About the Body’s Mystery Organ
- Save Your Skin from the Effects of Sun, Smoke & Other Signs of Aging