Alyssa Carnegie, MD
Dr. Alyssa Carnegie is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at the Wilcox Bone & Joint Center. She specializes in upper extremity fractures; nerve injury and repair; endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery; cubital tunnel surgery; tendon repair and reconstruction; tendonitis; arthritis and complex hand trauma.
Carnegie is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association for Hand Surgery.
Formerly Dr. Schaffer before her marriage in 2016, Carnegie lived in Philadelphia before moving to Kauai. In her spare time, she enjoys scuba diving, playing tennis and stand-up paddleboarding.
Recent Articles by Dr. Alyssa Carnegie
Minimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Surgery Provides Maximum Results
The Wilcox Bone & Joint Center offers advanced options in hand surgery. read moreMinimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Surgery Provides Maximum Results
- Stroke Awareness: When Every Second Counts
- A Well-Stocked Safety Kit is Key to Surviving a Natural Disaster
- Common Signs of Colon Cancer to Discuss with Your Doc
- Can You Liven Up Your Liver with a Detox?
- Safety Tips to Prevent Burns & Scalds When in the Kitchen with Kids
- Uncovering the Causes of Pregnancy Cravings