Patients who have concerns about COVID-19 are encouraged to call their doctor’s office first for medical advice. Patients who do not have a primary care physician (PCP), can contact the Virtual Clinic at 808-462-5430, option 3.
You can also use MyChart® by Hawaii Pacific Health, our online patient portal, to send a message to your primary care physician or schedule an e-visit for evaluation.
If you are ill with a fever or cough and think you have been exposed to COVID-19 (e.g., you have had prolonged close contact with a person who has been tested for COVID-19 or confirmed to have COVID-19), contact your doctor to see if you need to be tested. Stay home and avoid contact with others, except for seeking medical care.
Hawaii Pacific Health’s four medical centers offer drive-up COVID-19 specimen collection sites for patients with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and those who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive. These drive-up sites provide convenient access for people to be tested in a safe environment that limits exposure to other patients and health care staff in the hospital setting.
A physician’s order and an appointment are required for specimen collection at these sites, along with a photo ID and insurance card.
To get a physician order
- Call your primary care physician.
- If you do not have a primary care physician, you may call the Hawaii Pacific Health COVID-19 Virtual Clinic to be evaluated by a care provider who can order a COVID-19 test if clinically appropriate. Call 808-462-5430 and select option 3.
To schedule an appointment
- Visit the Clinical Labs of Hawaii website at ClinicalLabs.com/COVID.
- For COVID-19 screening tests for surgery, delivering a baby, travel, work, school or athletic clearances, select “Screening (feeling well)” on the website for an appointment to be tested at a Clinical Labs of Hawaii location.
- If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, select the “Sick or Exposed to COVID-19” option on the website for an appointment at one of our HPH drive-up COVID-19 specimen collection sites.
- If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, DO NOT schedule an appointment to be tested at a Clinical Labs of Hawaii testing site.
Scheduling an appointment will help to reduce your wait time, but it is not guaranteed that you will be seen at the exact time scheduled. Due to an increase in demand for COVID-19 testing, there may be a wait for your appointment. Thank you for your patience.
Items required when you arrive for your appointment
Whether you are being tested at a Clinical Labs of Hawaii location or one of our drive-up COVID-19 specimen sites, you must bring the following items with you:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- Physician order (paper or electronic)
Wilcox Medical Center
3-3420 Kuhio Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766 (Directions here)
Located at the rear entrance of the medical center
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends and holidays (subject to change based on demand)
Pediatric specimen collection services are available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Kauai Medical Clinic Kapaa
4-831 Kuhio Highway, Suite #332, Kapaa, HI 96746 (Directions here)
Located under the clock tower and whale mural
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday (subject to change based on demand).
A normal copayment may apply since testing is handled by a private lab. Patients should check with their insurance provider for more information on any costs associated with the test. The lab will handle billing directly with patients, including those who do not have insurance.
Learn more about the Specimen Collection Process:
The respiratory evaluation clinic is for patients 18 years old and over with fever and respiratory symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing.
Please call your primary care physician for an initial evaluation to determine if the respiratory evaluation clinic is appropriate for you. Patients that do not have a primary care physician may call 245-1504 to schedule a telephone visit with one of our respiratory clinic providers.
Patients will be evaluated and appropriate tests, including COVID-19, will be ordered as needed.
This clinic is not an emergency room. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or go to your closest emergency room.
Clinic Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..
Location: 3-3240 Kuhio Highway, Suite B, Lihue, Hawaii 96766 (Directions here)
The Virtual Clinic’s purpose is to address patients with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 who are well enough to be evaluated without coming to the office and others who have concerns about COVID-19 exposure. It is designed to protect the health and safety of the patient and the provider by limiting interactions and therefore the spread of COVID-19.
Patients should reach out to their own primary care physician (PCP) for treatment and guidance before contacting the Virtual Clinic. Patients without a PCP are encouraged to contact the Virtual Clinic directly.
The HPH Virtual Clinic can be reached by calling 808-462-5430 (press option 3). The Virtual Clinic is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Get medical advice about COVID-19 through other telehealth options, learn more here.