Wilcox Medical Center has been recognized by The American Heart Association in three areas of excellence: stroke (S) – gold plus award and honor roll elite plus, heart failure (HF) – gold plus award, and atrial fibrillation (AFIB) – gold award. Wilcox has also received the Healthgrades 2017 Outstanding Patient Experience Award, an “A” in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, named a 2017 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital, and is recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
Wilcox's Quality Recognition
- Wilcox Medical Center is 1 of only 2 hospitals in Hawaii to be a Five-Star Recipient for Heart Attack in 2018.
- 2017 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the U.S.
- 2017 Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award
- 2016 & 2017 Awarded an “A” Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
- 2016 American Heart Association recognition in three areas of excellence:
- Stroke: Gold Plus Award and Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Heart Failure: Gold Plus Award
- Atrial Fibrillation: Gold Award
- Recognized as a “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures” by the Joint Commission.
Tradition of Medical Firsts in Hawaii
- The 20-bed emergency department is the first neighbor island facility to obtain a Level III Trauma designation.
- Wilcox Medical Center is the first and only American College of Surgeons (ACS) Verified Level III Trauma Center in the state of Hawaii.
- Wilcox also serves as the island’s Primary Stroke Center.