There are hundreds of conditions that affect the brain and nervous system. Our neurologists treat both common and rare conditions with a focus on improving our patients’ health and quality of life.
Our neurologists and neurosurgeons work with a team of other specialists, including oncologists, physiatrists and pain management specialists, and state-of-the-art imaging services to provide patients with top-notch, personalized and integrated care.
Some of the common conditions we treat are stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, peripheral nerve disease, brain tumors, dementia and movement disorders.
Neurology & Neurosurgery at Straub
Straub's neurologists perform neurological evaluations and diagnoses for patients of all age groups.
Evaluations include electrodiagnostic testing as well as topographical brain mapping. Patients with balance, equilibrium or dizziness problems are tested with special equipment. Neuromuscular disorders such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis can be diagnosed with special tests as well.
Straub was one of the first in Hawaii to treat stroke with TPA, a blood clot dissolving drug that has helped many patients avoid the devastating effects of stroke.
Straub Neurology Department: 1-808-522-4476
Straub neurosurgeons specialize in surgical treatment of neurological disorders and in the treatment of trauma to the head, neck or spine.
Neurosurgery procedures performed are:
- Laser microsurgery
- Surgery for cerebral aneurysms
- Vascular malformations
- Pituitary and spinal cord disorders
- Skull-based tumors
- Surgical relief of various pain syndromes.
- Surgical treatment for Epilepsy
- Craniofacial Surgery
- Surgical treatment for Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Surgical treatment for Congenital Spine Anomalies
Straub's neurosurgeons are among the most skilled and highly qualified in the State of Hawaii to practice this delicate surgical specialty.
Straub Neurosurgery Department: 1-808-522-4476
Straub Clinic & Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center. The Gold Seal of Approval® and the Heart-Check mark represent symbols of quality from their respective organizations.
The certification recognizes centers that follow the best practices for stroke care. Certified primary stroke centers:
- Use a standardized method of delivering care.
- Support patient self-management activities.
- Tailor treatment and intervention to individual needs.
- Promote the flow of patient information across settings and providers, while protecting patient rights, security and privacy.
- Analyze and use standardized performance measure data to continually improve treatment plans.
- Demonstrate their application of and compliance with clinical practice guidelines published by the AHA/ASA or equivalent evidence-based guidelines.
This service is available at: Kapiolani Pali Momi Straub Wilcox