With more than 400 employed or contracted physicians who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients with expert diagnoses and treatments for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The medical center consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawaii, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawaii Pacific Health, one of the state’s largest health care providers.
Straub's Quality Recognition
- Straub Medical Center is 1 of 2 hospitals in Hawaii to receive Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery in 2018.
- Straub Medical Center is the only hospital in Hawaii to receive the Gastrointestinal Care Specialty Excellence Award in 2018.
- Straub Medical Center is the only hospital in Hawaii to be a Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement in 2018.
- Straub Medical Center is the only hospital in Hawaii to be a Five-Star Recipient for Defibrillator Procedures in 2018.
- Straub Medical Center is 1 of only 2 hospitals in Hawaii to achieve 5 stars in Hip Fracture Repair in 2018 by Healthgrades®.
- Healthgrades 2009-2017 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™.
- Healthgrades 2015-2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™; top 3 percent nationwide.
- 2012-2017 Awarded an “A” Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
- Healthgrades 2017 Five Star recipient for Pacemaker Procedures, Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Hip Fracture Treatment, Gallbladder Surgery, Treatment of Pneumonia.
- Healthgrades 2017 Excellence Award for General Surgery, Joint Replacement.
- Healthgrades 2017 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award.
- 2016 STS Three Stars for Cardiac Surgery (Society of Thoracic Surgeons).
- 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center Plus for Cardiac Care.
- 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center plus for Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2016 CMS 5-Star Rating — only hospital in Hawaii.
- Level I & III Patient-Centered Medical Home designation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Tradition of Medical Firsts in Hawaii
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Artificial skin replacements for burns
- Drug eluting stents
- Interventional radiology
- Minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacements
- Mitral valve surgery
- Nuclear medicine
- Pediatric cardiac ablations
- Vascular surgery techniques
- Minimally invasive Tenex procedure