With more than 400 employed or contracted physicians who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients with expert diagnoses and treatments for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The medical center consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawaii, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawaii Pacific Health, one of the state’s largest health care providers.
Straub's Quality Recognition
- Healthgrades 2019 Five Star recipient for Total Hip Replacement, Hip Fracture Treatment, Treatment of Stroke, Treatment of Sepsis, Treatment of Pneumonia.
- Healthgrades 2019 Excellence Award for Gastrointestinal Care.
- Healthgrades 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery.
- Straub Medical Center was rated as High Performing for Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery and Hip Replacement by U.S. News & World Report 2018-19 Best Hospitals.
- 2019 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll Award.
- 2016 STS Three Stars for Cardiac Surgery (Society of Thoracic Surgeons).
- 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center Plus for Cardiac Care.
- 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center plus for Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2016 & 2017 CMS 5-Star Rating – only medical center in Hawaii.
- 2012-2019 Awarded an “A” Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
- Healthgrades 2009-2018 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™.
- Healthgrades 2015-2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™; top 5 percent nationwide.
- Level I & III Patient-Centered Medical Home designation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Tradition of Medical Firsts in Hawaii
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Artificial skin replacements for burns
- Drug eluting stents
- Interventional radiology
- Minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacements
- Mitral valve surgery
- Nuclear medicine
- Pediatric cardiac ablations
- Vascular surgery techniques
- Minimally invasive Tenex procedure
Straub Medical Center was rated as High Performing for Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery and Hip Replacement by U.S. News & World Report 2018-19 Best Hospitals.