Our commitment to you…
It is our top priority to provide safe, quality care for you and your family while exceeding your expectations in customer service.
At Straub Medical Center, we want you, our patient, to play a vital role in your health care decisions by becoming an active, involved, and informed member of the team. We welcome and encourage your participation.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during your visit. Please do not hesitate to request assistance from any member of your patient care team.
Straub is dedicated to providing you with integrated health and medical services that are comprehensive, caring, continuously improving and of the highest quality.
At Straub Medical Center, we believe that good health and nutrition go hand-in-hand. The Straub Cafe offers patients and their families a wide selection of healthful meals and snacks, seven days a week. Explore our menu and see what daily specials our award-winning chefs have created for your dining enjoyment.
Room service is also available for our patients in the hospital so that meals can be available at a customized schedule.
While staying at Straub Medical Center you can enjoy an array of entertainment options:
Straub Medical Center understands that family presence can often aid in the healing process. That is why we make accommodating family time a priority at our medical center.
General Guidelines for Visitors
Straub Medical Center is a 159-bed facility. The inpatient rooms are located on floors three to six and are all private rooms. Straub also has two ICU units on the second floor.
Amenities available include:
Straub Medical Center offers a wide range of additional services to help make your stay with us as pleasant and convenient as possible.
- An ATM is located next to the security desk on the first floor of the hospital facing South Hotel Street.
- For a quick bite, Vending Machines are available on the first floor of the hospital, adjacent to the cafeteria. The vending machines offer a variety of snacks, ice cream, novelties an beverages.
- The Hospital Chaplain is available upon request Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call: (808) 522-4763. In emergency situations, the chaplain may be paged at any time through a nurse or by calling the hospital operator at (808) 522-4000. Your healthcare team can also assist you in contacting a priest or clergy of your own religion. More information about spiritual care at Straub.
- Located outside the King Street entrance of the hospital, the Coffee Kiosk sells a variety of sandwiches, pastries and specialty coffee and tea beverages. It is open five days a week.
- Straub Medical Center is pleased to provide monthly E-newsletter for patients and fans. Patients can sign-up to receive important updates, exclusive healthy recipes, prevention tips and health screening information. Sign-up now.
- The Gift Shop is located in the courtyard on the King Street side of the hospital. Fresh flowers, magazines, greeting cards, toiletries, novelty items and postage stamps may be purchased there. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The shop is closed on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Housekeeping Services are provided daily by Housekeeping Staff.
- Our Information Desk can be reached at (808) 522-4218. The desk is staffed Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Lost and Found - Straub Security manages any lost and found items. They are located at the entrance to the Emergency Department. Please make sure you have an ID when you report a lost or found item.
- My Chart Patient Portal is a quick convenient and free way to manage your health online. Learn More.
- Online Bill Pay is another convenient service to help you manage your health account. Learn more.
- Outer Island Guests - Transportation and Lodging Information is available in the Admitting Department on the first floor near the entrance of the Makai building.
- There is onsite Parking available for Straub visitors, with the entrance located on King Street. Valet parking is also available from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Parking is free on Sundays. For hospital patients, please check with the admitting department or nursing staff.
- Patient Relations Services - Your comments and feedback are important to us. If you or your family has concerns that are not resolved after speaking to your caregiver, please call Patient Relations at (808) 522-4765. The Patient Relations office is located on the first floor of the hospital, on the South Hotel Street side of the building.
- Pay phones are located throughout the facility. A Text Telephone for the hearing impaired is located near the pay phones next to the security desk on the first floor of the hospital, facing South Hotel Street.
- Straub Medical Center has Pet Therapy Services available. Please inquire with the nursing staff and the attending hospitalist physician.
- Restrooms are available for family members of hospitalized patients on each floor by the hospital elevators.
- 24-hour Security Center is located at the entrance to our Emergency Department. You may reach security at (808) 522-4064 or by calling the Straub operator by dialing 0. Campus patrols are done around the clock.
- Healthier is a smoke-free environment. Straub is a smoke-free facility.