There are hundreds of conditions that affect the brain and nervous system. Our neurologists treat both common and rare conditions with a focus on improving our patients’ health and quality of life.
Our neurologists and neurosurgeons work with a team of other specialists, including oncologists, physiatrists and pain management specialists, and state-of-the-art imaging services to provide patients with top-notch, personalized and integrated care.
Some of the common conditions we treat are stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, peripheral nerve disease, brain tumors, dementia and movement disorders.
Neurology & Neurosurgery at Pali Momi
Pali Momi’s Neurology Clinic offers a full complement of neurology services in the evaluation and treatment of disorders affecting the nervous system.
The experienced team of specialists, nurses and allied health professionals are committed to providing patients with the latest in diagnostics and advanced treatment options.
Pali Momi is recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for its stroke care program. Its nationally-recognized team of stroke specialists is available 24/7 and offers efficient, coordinated care in the event of a stroke emergency.
Diagnostic services include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Lumbar Puncture (LP)
- Comprehensive Memory Evaluation
- Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Studies (EMG/NCS)
Pali Momi’s board-certified neurologists have extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide spectrum of neurological conditions, including but not limited to:
- Stroke and other vascular diseases of the brain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lumbar and cervical radiculopathy
- Guillain Barre syndrome
- Muscle disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Mild cognitive impairment
- Parkinson’s disease
- Essential tremor
- Restless leg syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia
- Headache disorders including migraine and cluster headaches
Pali Momi Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center. The Gold Seal of Approval® and the Heart-Check mark represent symbols of quality from their respective organizations.
The certification recognizes centers that follow the best practices for stroke care. Certified primary stroke centers:
- Use a standardized method of delivering care.
- Support patient self-management activities.
- Tailor treatment and intervention to individual needs.
- Promote the flow of patient information across settings and providers, while protecting patient rights, security and privacy.
- Analyze and use standardized performance measure data to continually improve treatment plans.
- Demonstrate their application of and compliance with clinical practice guidelines published by the AHA/ASA or equivalent evidence-based guidelines.
If you are interested in receiving a referral for neurology consultation and need a physician referral, please contact us at 1-808-485-4250.