Gastroenterologists are experts of the digestive system and related organs. They treat conditions that affect your stomach, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, intestines and colon.
Many of these conditions and diseases that affect your digestive system have similar symptoms but different causes. These conditions can be complicated and challenging to diagnose, so our experts use state-of-the-art imaging and technology to assist their clinical expertise.
Gastroenterology at Straub
Straub's board-certified gastroenterologists can perform a wide variety of tests, such as endoscopic examination of the area, biopsies or radiologic examination. Our leading-edge technology combined with our personal touch means a superior experience for all of our patients.
Call Straub Today: (808) 522-4233
Dr. Donald Saelinger, Gastroenterologist at Straub Clinic and Hospital, discusses Colon Cancer:
Conditions We Treat
Our board-certified physicians treat the following conditions:
- Colonoscopy - A procedure which examines your large bowel to remove colon polyps before they become cancerous, diagnose and treat bleeding, or evaluate unexplained changes in bowel habits.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) - A procedure that examines your upper intestinal tract to diagnose and treat problems with swallowing, unexplained weight loss, bleeding, or abdominal pain.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) - A procedure that combines the use of x-rays and an endoscope to provide treatment of the biliary and pancreatic ducts.
- Gastrostomy Tube Placements - A procedure which provides an alternative method of feeding through the stomach when normal methods of feeding are impaired.
- Hemorrhoidal Banding - Also known as Rubber Band Ligation, this procedure is used to treat internal hemorrhoids.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound - This procedure uses an endoscope with an ultrasound probe to evaluate difficult to image areas of the gastrointestinal tract such as the pancreas or submucosal nodules, diagnose and stage cancers, and provide treatments such as celiac plexus blocks or cyst drainage.
- Capsule Endoscopy - A small pill camera which is used to evaluate the small bowel.
- Bravo pH Probe - A 48 hour test which allows for evaluation of reflux symptoms.
- Esophageal Manometry - A test used to assess pressure and motor function of the esophagus designed to enable the diagnoses and treatment of complaints of chest pain, acid reflux, difficulty swallowing, and food digestion.
- Anorectal Manometry - A test used to evaluate the function and coordination of the anal sphincters and pelvic floor muscles useful in assessing constipation, fecal incontinence, and anorectal function.
- IV Remicade Therapy for Crohn's Disease - One of the most effective medications available to help treat Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (a form of inflammatory bowel disease)
Straub Gastroenterology: 1-808-522-4233
This service is available at: Kapiolani Pali Momi Straub Wilcox