Wilcox Memorial Hospital is partnering with several community organizations to present the 2015 Kauai Keiki Bike & Safety Day, a free safety education event for kids and families, on Saturday, May 2, from 8 to 11 a.m. at Wilcox Memorial Hospital.
Keiki ages 5-10 are invited to collect stamps in their Bike & Safety Passport to use to enter a free drawing for a new bike or skateboard. A variety of safety education and activity stations will be offered including:
- Helmet fit station, where Wilcox will be fitting and giving away 300 free helmets to keiki ages 5-10
- Bike and skateboard safety inspection stations, where Kauai Skate Ohana and Kauai Cycle will inspect bikes and skateboards to make sure they are running well
- Bicycle skills enhancement course conducted by Kauai Path
- Skateboard skills enhancement course, where Kauai Skate Ohana will give tips and demonstrations on skateboard skills and proper use of safety gear
- Car seat safety inspection by Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children and Kauai Police Department
- American Medical Response-guided ambulance tours
There will also be activity booths and giveaways from community organizations such as Hawaii Life Flight, Sports Authority and Kauai Community Federal Credit Union.
Registration is required for this event and is available online at wilcoxhealth.org. For more information, call 245-1198.