Volunteering at Kapiolani, Pali Momi, Straub and Wilcox provides many rewarding benefits, including making a difference in the community, gaining valuable experience and meeting a variety of people.
What does it take to be a Hawaii Pacific Health volunteer?
We're looking for individuals with:
- A positive attitude
- Open mindedness and flexibility
- Maturity and respect for others
- Genuine desire to help others
- Sincere interest in the facilities
Volunteers must also be at least 16 years old and commit to working a regular weekly schedule for three to six months.
What would I do as a volunteer?
Many volunteers work directly with patients, assisting staff in transporting, visiting or reading to patients. The information desk, patient care units and gift shop are just a few of the areas where volunteers can provide assistance.
How do I apply?
As a volunteer, you become a member of our health care team. Because our patient's health and safety is of utmost importance, our volunteers go through a screening and orientation process similar to that of our hospital staff.
Volunteer screening and orientation takes about three to four weeks from the time we receive your completed application.
- To volunteer at Kapiolani, Pali Momi or Straub, please fill out the following:
- To volunteer at Wilcox on Kauai, please fill out the following:
- Adult application
- High school applicants accepted at a later date.
For general questions, please call Volunteer Services on Oahu at: 1-808-983-6333.
On Kauai, please call 1-808-245-1100.