Wilcox Memorial Hospital invites the public to walk around the Wilcox campus with Dr. Amy Corliss on Saturday, Jan. 23, at 7 a.m., and then stay for Hawaii Pacific Health’s Cancer Care video conference at the Wilcox Memorial Hospital Conference Rooms A, B and C from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Dr. Amy Corliss, Wilcox’s quality and palliative care medical director, will lead a one-mile walk around the Wilcox campus that will be followed by a free healthy breakfast where she will lead a question-and-answer session on advance care planning.
A special video conference will follow with Hawaii Pacific Health physicians discussing the latest advances and current issues in cancer care. Dr. S. Kalani Brady, director of education for Hawaii Pacific Health, will moderate the forum that will feature the following speakers:
- Dr. James Kakuda, chief medical officer at Pali Momi Medical Center;
- Dr. Spencer Chang, orthopedic surgeon at Straub Clinic & Hospital;
- Dr. Jeffrey Cronk, hematologist/oncologist at Wilcox Memorial Hospital and Kauai Medical Clinic;
- Dr. Helen G. Hui-Chou, hand, plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Pali Momi Medical Center;
- Dr. Jeffrey Killeen, medical director of oncology service line at Hawaii Pacific Health; and
- Dr. Ian Okazaki, section chief of hematology/oncology at Straub Clinic & Hospital.
Topics that will be covered are:
- State-of-the-art multidisciplinary cancer care
- Current controversies in cancer screening
- Cancer reconstruction surgery
- Immune check-point inhibitors
- Changing the landscape of cancer treatment
For more information or to register, visit hawaiipacifichealth.org/cancercare or call 808-245-1198.
Wilcox Health provides Kauai residents with state-of-the-art, compassionate cancer care close to home. Oncologists at Kauai Medical Clinic and the Infusion Center at Wilcox Memorial Hospital are key to ensuring patients can remain on the Garden Isle for their treatment.