Hawaii Pacific Health invites the public to Women’s Way to Health, a free community health event to learn about a variety of women’s health topics on Saturday, Nov. 14, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Ala Moana Hotel, Hibiscus Ballroom. The program will also be available via video conference at Pali Momi Medical Center in Aiea and Wilcox Memorial Hospital on Kauai.
Dr. S. Kalani Brady, director of education for Hawaii Pacific Health Conference Services, will moderate the forum that will feature the following speakers:
- Dr. Stacy K. Kanayama-Trivedi, a family medicine physician at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, will share prevention tips for women;
- Dr. Emese Somogyi, a hospice and palliative medicine physician at Pali Momi Medical Center and Straub Clinic & Hospital, will discuss caring for someone with a serious illness;
- Marcie Nowack, an exercise physiologist at the Kapiolani Women’s Center, will provide tips on health activities for any age;
- Wendi Hirsch, PhD, a clinical psychologist at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, will discuss health benefits of animal companions; and
- Miriam Tcheng, a registered dietitian at Pali Momi Medical Center, will discuss nutrition for women at any age.
Seating is limited. For more information or to register, visit www.hawaiipacifichealth.org/womensway or call Hawaii Pacific Health Conference Services at 808-522-3469.
Hawaii Pacific Health’s family of hospitals – Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Clinic & Hospital and Wilcox Memorial Hospital – and physicians provide comprehensive, well-coordinated and compassionate care for women at every stage of life. Our specialty women’s centers offer a vast array of health screenings, treatment options, and health and fitness programs tailored just for women.