Hawaii Pacific Health invites the public to a free community health event to learn about heart health for all ages. “Valentine in Paradise” will be held on Saturday, Feb. 13, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Ala Moana Hotel, Hibiscus Ballroom. The event will also be available via video conference at Pali Momi Medical Center in Aiea and Wilcox Memorial Hospital on Kauai.
The program will cover the risk factors that can make a big difference in one’s health, underscoring the fact that cardiovascular diseases are highly preventable. Hawaii Pacific Health’s family of hospitals — Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Clinic & Hospital, and Wilcox Memorial Hospital — provide a full spectrum of cardiovascular services, which will be highlighted at this event.
The featured speakers include:
- Dr. Mark Grattan, cardiothoracic surgeon at Straub Clinic & Hospital
- Dr. Lorelei Repique, cardiologist at Straub Clinic & Hospital
- Dr. John Funai, cardiologist at Wilcox Memorial Hospital
- Dr. Muhammad Ghumman, interventional cardiologist at Pali Momi Medical Center
- Dr. Joseph Kipta, neurologist at Straub Clinic & Hospital
- Dr. Jane Luu, interventional cardiologist at Straub Clinic & Hospital
- Risk factors for heart disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Atrial fibrillation
Seating is limited. For more information or to register, visit hawaiipacifichealth.org/valentine or call Hawaii Pacific Health Conference Services at (808) 522-3469.
Walk Around the Block with a Doc and Valentine in Paradise on Kauai
Prior to the video conference on Kauai, Wilcox Memorial Hospital invites the public to walk around the Wilcox campus with Dr. Andrew So at 7 a.m., and then stay for Hawaii Pacific Health’s Valentine in Paradise video conference at the Wilcox Memorial Hospital Conference Rooms A, B and C from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Dr. Andrew So, cardiologist at Kauai Medical Clinic, will lead a one-mile walk around the Wilcox campus that will be followed by a free healthy breakfast where he will discuss heart health.
For more information or to register, visit wilcoxhealth.org/docwalk or call 808-245-1198.