This class is closed, please navigate here to look for open classes
This workshop is RNs, LPNs, MAs w/one year of current unit experience, who are interested in being a preceptor or enhancing skills as a preceptor.
1. Describe evidence based learning “pearls” applied in class and in the preceptor role.
2. Describe the preceptor development program at HPH.
3. Discuss the roles of a preceptor.
4. Discuss his/her own teaching and learning styles and needs as an adult learner as compared to those of the preceptee.
5. Discuss the five stages of development toward expertise and his/her own stage of development as a preceptor.
6. Discuss strategies for developing critical thinking in preceptees.
7. Apply an outcome based process of validating competence.
8. Describe how to differentiate between assignment, delegation, accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse.
9. Discuss effective communication in healthcare as related to communication with preceptee and other team members on unit.
10. Identify interpersonal, generational, and cultural and conflict management styles to anticipate the preceptees' styles and needs.
11. Describe tools needed as a preceptor working with preceptees such as student nurses, new hires and new grads.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for up to 11.25 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is intended for employees of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, including non-employees who have credentialing privileges within HPH.
For additional information please contact Kristi Sakai at (808) 485-4685 or at Kristi.firstname.lastname@example.org.