This class is offered for physicians, nurses, social workers and other clinicians. It promotes ACP introductions and will review key elements and processes related to ACP, Advance Directives and POLST in the clinic.
1. Apply advance care planning resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
2. Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including healthcare power of attorney designation.
3. Identify the differences between an Advance Directive and Provider Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) and implement correct documentation of these documents.
4. Implement and standardize ACP processes in the clinic.
5. Identify the Hawai‘i requirements for Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care, Our Choice Act.
6. Engage the multi-disciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for physicians. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for 3.5 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Hawai‘i Pacific Health maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 3.5 continuing education credits.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health is accredited by the American Psychological Association and designates this live activity for 3.5 continuing education credit. Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). Hawai‘i Pacific Health maintains responsibility for the content of the programs.
HPH Employees: Manager's Approval is required prior to registering AND register online through the HPH Learning Center (HLC).
Contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at (808) 535-7874 or via email at email@example.com
Advance Care Planning