The continuing education for this course is NOT provided by HPH.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND GOALS:
1. Course for physicians, PA’s, nurses, EMT’s, firefighters and paramedics.
2. Early assessment and stabilization of the burn patient.
3. Identification of patients requiring transfer to burn centers.
1. Evaluate a patient with a serious burn.
2. Define the magnitude and severity of the injury.
3. Identify and establish priorities of treatment.
4. Manage the airway and support ventilation.
5. Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation.
6. Apply correct methods of physiological monitoring.
7. Determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center.
8. Organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient.
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education for physicians 7.25 Category I credit hours.
American Association of Critical Care Nurses certificate 7.25 contact hours, CERP Synergy Category A.
The registration fee is $150.
Daily Parking (available at the Neil Blaisdell Center): $6.00
Neil Blaisdell Center (NBC)
777 Ward Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96814
*Please note-NBC blackout dates vary. During this time, no daily parking is permitted. You will need to find other parking options or transportation.
*PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED FIC (First Insurance Center) OR SMC (Straub Medical Center) PARKING STRUCTURE.
Allow adequate time to park and walk to class, as class begins promptly.
Please contact Amy Chong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)