This offering is intended for Nurses and Nurse Aides who work with burn wounds.
1. Examine the anatomy and physiology of skin, burn depth severity, size of burn and Total Body Surface Area (TBSA).
2. Interpret Hemodynamic changes.
3. Determine needs for fluid resuscitation, how to access and calculate urine output goals.
4. Differentiate mechanism of burns and other skin conditions, priorities of care following emergent phase and rehabilitative phase and burn wound management priorities depending on burn etiology.
5. Manage the need for and role of pain management.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health has approved this activity is approved for 3.5 contact hours for nurses.
Please register below. Thank you.
Please contact Kimberly Webster at Kimberly.Webster@straub.net or by phone at (808) 522-3577.
Burn Care 101