This offering is intended for HPH Nurses, Physicians, Pharmacists and Credentialed Physicians.
1. Identify ECMO therapy, criteria for the therapy and equipment used for ECMO.
2. Review advanced respiratory and cardiac management in neonates, pediatrics and the adult patient requiring ECMO for cardiac and respiratory support.
3. Identify the physiology of ECMO.
4. Identify safety procedures prior to cannulation for ECMO.
5. Review hemostasis and the use of blood products, heparin and other hemostatic agents in the management of ECMO patients.
6. Prepare for medical and mechanical ECMO emergencies.
7. Manage the ECMO patient and circuit.
8. Identify weaning and decannunlation process.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ for physicians. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for 13.25 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is accredited for 13.25 contact hours for attendance at the entire CE session.
Please contact Sherri Sommer-Candelario by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hanuola ECMO Foundations-Pediatrics and Neonatal