This regularly scheduled series is a simulation course that will conduct realistic HRLV simulations to familiarize the OR staff/team in HRLV events. This will enhance team dynamics and utilize tools and checklists designed for such HRLV events.
1. Identify when the patient is experiencing an OR Crisis Event and alert the team including activating specialty teams as needed.
2. Utilize Cognitive Tools specific for the OR Crisis Event that are located in the unit.
3. Perform primary, secondary and tertiary life-saving interventions specific for the OR Crisis Event as specified in the cognitive tools in a timely and sequential manner.
4. Demonstrate effective team dynamics during the OR Crisis Event.
5. Discuss disposition and continued care of the patient post crisis.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ for physicians. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for 1.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please contact Regan Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (808) 522-2716 or contact Paula Hulme at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 245-1137.
Crisis in Surgery-A Team Approach