This is a live virtual conference via Zoom for Physicians, Nurses, Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists.
Topics will include:
>ACL Reconstruction and Rehab
>Hand and Wrist Injuries
>Bracing and Splinting
1. Develop and foster teamwork and collaboration among physicians, athletic trainers, nurses and physical therapists for the common goal of comprehensive and integrated care of the young athlete.
2. Discuss epidemiology, work-up, diagnosis, and treatment of adolescent hand and wrist injuries.
3. Implement recommendations for sideline management and acute splinting of common hand and wrist injuries.
4. Apply state of the art surgical treatments of ACL injuries.
5. Outline key components of ACL rehabilitation and functional testing.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Hawai‘i Pacific Health and the Hawai‘i Athletic Trainers Association (HATA). Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s) ™ for physicians. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for 4.0 contact hours for nurses.
The Hawaii Athletic Trainers Association (approved provider #P326) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. BOC Certified Athletic Trainers can earn up to 4.0 CEUs for their participation.
Physical Therapy: Pending approval from the Hawaii State Board of Physical Therapy.
Please contact Hawai'i Pacific Health Conference Services at (808) 522-3469.
Hawai'i Pacific Health Sports Medicine Symposium 2021