This offering is intended for Nurses and Nurse Aides who work with burn wounds.
1. Examine the steps of the admission process.
2. Apply proper techniques in the burn treatment room and during bedside dressing changes.
3. Recognize the Nurse's role versus the Nurse Aide's role.
4. Employ correct steps in cleaning the wound and in proper dressing application.
5. Incorporate analgesia and relaxation techniques.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health has approved this activity is approved for 3.5 contact hours for nurses.
Please call Kimberly Webster at (808) 522-3577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Care and Treatment of Burn Wounds