This training is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on communication skills to improve ACP discussions. The class will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and POLST development.
1. Apply Advance Care Planning (ACP) resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
2. Engage the multi-disciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning.
3. Promote patients' knowledge of advance directives, including healthcare Power of Attorney designation.
4. Implement correct documentation of Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)-Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNAR), full and limited treatment, time-limited trials and Comfort Care.
5. Promote correct process of ACP documents, access and utilization in your organization.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s) ™ for physicians. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for 7.5 contact hours for nurses.
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Hawai‘i Pacific Health maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 7.5 continuing education credits.
Please contact Michelle Cantillo at (808) 535-7874 or at email@example.com.
Things to bring: Masks are required. Thank you for your cooperation.