This course is offered to support the educational needs for new and current needs for new and current Hawai‘i Pacific Health Oncology nurses.
1. Examine Leukemia, disease types and treatment modalities.
2. Manage the patient experiencing an oncology emergency.
3. Analyze the signs and symptoms, classifications, treatment options and appropriate management of skin cancer, GU cancer, GI cancer, lung cancer and breast cancer.
4. Assess the various treatment modalities of chemotherapy, surgery and ration therapy and the appropriate nursing implications.
5. Differentiate the types of oncology emergencies and identify associated signs and symptoms.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 contact hours for nurses.
Please contact Dee Ann Omatus at firstname.lastname@example.org.