Our Health Management programs help you develop the skills to improve your health, lower your risks, increase your energy and enjoy a better quality of life.
Our health management specialists are registered dietitians and diabetes nurse educators who work together as a team with you and your doctors. They provide:
- Diabetes education and goal setting
- Nutrition, exercise and weight management
- How to use medications and monitor your blood sugar levels
- Complications of diabetes and understanding the emotional aspects of diabetes
- Fiber and label reading
Health Management at Wilcox
The Health Management Program on Kauai has been a center for diabetes care since 2005.
To serve its diverse island community, Wilcox provides diabetes self-management education, women’s health, corporate account physicals and dietitian services. Wilcox also provides Coumadin management for those patients who require closer therapeutic monitoring. This array of diabetes services is available to patients by Wilcox’s team of experts in diabetes education, which includes nurses, dietitians and certified diabetes educator professionals.
Educational Classes and Events
As part of Wilcox’s offering to patients and the community, the hospital sponsors a variety of seminars, classes and special events focusing on various health topics from prenatal classes to the Ilocano Diabetes Night Workshop.
- Core classes: "Healthy beginnings" childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, diabetes education, nutrition and wellness, "Got cholesterol?" workshops for cardiac care.
- Available upon request: Gestational diabetes classes.
Diabetes Education Services
Mary Roush, RN, CDE
For information or an appointment, call 1-808-246-1380.
Office hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wilcox Diabetes Education Services: 1-808-246-1380