A variety of conditions can affect your chest and lungs: infections, asthma, cystic fibrosis, emphysema and lung disease caused by smoking or other toxins. Many heart conditions can affect your breathing and your lungs, too.
Whether you’re worried that a cold has turned into bronchitis, or you seek relief from a chronic condition like asthma, our pulmonary specialists can help.
Chest & Lung Health at Straub
Straub Lung Center
Straub pulmonary and thoracic physicians evaluate, diagnose and treat breathing disorders and lung disease.
From routine assessments of chronic cough and shortness of breath to evaluating patients for lung disease or specialized cancer treatment, Straub’s team offers a multispecialty personalized approach to care.
Straub’s lung specialists work closely with its thoracic surgeons to evaluate patients for lung disease. Other areas of expertise include lung cancer diagnosis, pulmonary vascular disease, pulmonary hypertension, interstitial lung disease, endoscopic therapy, lung infections and vasodilator therapy.
Pulmonary medicine physicians routinely consult with their colleagues in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, infectious disease and rheumatology to ensure all aspects of a patient's problem are evaluated.
Straub Pulmonary Services also provides tests and diagnostics for our clinics and hospitals with blood gas analyses and services for athletes and patients with performance evaluations that test aerobic capacity.
Straub provides state-of-the-art clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment services to patients with health problems such as:
- Acute and chronic pulmonary emboli
- Chronic pulmonary heart diseases (incl. pulmonary hypertension)
- Collapsed lung (Pneumothorax)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Emphysema, including lung volume reduction surgery
- Evaluation of shortness of breath
- Fungal infections of the lung
- Granulomatous lung diseases
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung nodule
- Metastatic respiratory system cancer
- Pleural effusion
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Portopulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary disease
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Respiratory failure
- Sleep apnea
- Wegener's granulomatosis
- Blood Gas Analysis
- Bronchial Thermoplasty (Severe Asthma Treatment)
- Diagnostic Testing
- General Pulmonary & Critical Care
- Ventilation Management
- Bronchoprovocation Test
- Bronchoscopy – (MI diagnosis of lung cancer)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Central Line Insertion (for Chemotherapy)
For the best lung and pulmonary care, visit our fellowship-trained specialists and find high quality, individualized treatment whatever your condition or need
Straub Lung Center - Pulmonology and Thoracic Services: 1-808-522-4321