Live well, one night at a time.
The Sleep Medicine Department of Hawaii Pacific Health, located at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children, is an accredited, full-service sleep center in the Pacific Basin which offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to pediatric patients from 4 months to 17 years of age with sleep-related disorders such as insomnia, excessive daytime sleepiness, obstructive sleep apnea, heavy snoring, narcolepsy, nightmares or sleepwalking/sleeptalking.
Meet Dr. Valerie A. Cacho
Dr. Valerie Cacho is dedicated to improving your sleep health by providing a comprehensive, patient-focused integrative medicine approach to healing. She studied medicine at Loma Linda University in Southern California, trained in internal medicine at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena and completed a sleep fellowship at the Cedar Sinai Medical program based in Los Angeles. She also completed an additional fellowship in integrative medicine fellowship founded by Dr. Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona. Valerie is board certified in both internal and sleep medicine.
"At the Sleep Medicine Department, we have the solutions to improve your sleep. Our goal is to help you discover the necessary keys to unlock your sleep problems and optimize your overall health. Our desire is for you to live well, one night at a time."
Can You Answer Yes to Any of These Questions?
- Does your child feel tired when he/she wakes up?
- Does your child find it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep?
- Does your child snore or make odd sleep noises?
- Any abnormal behaviors while sleeping such as walking, talking or eating during your child's sleep?
- Does your child fall asleep at school?
- Does your child have a hard time focusing in school?
If the answer is Yes, then call us today to see what we can do for you: 983-8626, option 1
Sleep Conditions Treated
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Excessive daytime somnolence
- In-lab sleep studies (Polysomnography)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
- Comprehensive sleep consultations for pediatrics
In the News