Our physical and occupational therapists help people of all ages regain mobility and strength after surgery, accidents, illness and age-related conditions. We tailor each rehabilitation program to the needs and condition of the patient. Rehabilitation may include exercises, manual therapy, education, support programs and other therapies.
Programs & Services available at:
Kapiolani rehabilitation specialists work closely together to help infants, children, adolescents and adults reach their full potential.
Patients are aided with mobility, communication and daily living skills through an integrated program involving audiologists, speech-language therapists, occupational therapists and physical therapists.
Rehabilitation programs include:
- Comprehensive evaluations (developmental and adaptive equipment)
- Individual and group sessions
- Patient/family education
- Developmental therapy
- Feeding Disorders Clinic
- Hearing screening and diagnostic evaluations
- Infant development program
- Mobile therapy team
- Hearing aid fitting and dispensing - pediatric and adult
- Orthopedic rehabilitation - pediatric and adults
- Aural rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation and ENG studies
- Lymphedema and post-mastectomy therapy
- Neurological conditions
- Orthopedic conditions
- Communication problems
- Hearing impairments
- Learning disorders
- Feeding disorders
- Acquired disabilities
- Developmental disabilities
- Sensorimotor integration disorders
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Audiology services
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- A full spectrum of audiology services
Kapiolani Rehabilitation Services: 1-808-983-8235
Kapiolani Early Intervention Services (formerly known as Mobile Therapy Team)
The Kapiolani Early Intervention Services (formerly Mobile Therapy Team) serves medically fragile infants with developmental delays and their families in their homes, as part of the federal and state Zero-to-Three program. The program brings therapy services to infants and young children up to age three who require specialized early intervention services.
The program is staffed with an occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, early childhood educator and care coordinator. Through its link to the medical center, the program also facilitates the transition of children between in-patient status and home status. It's the only program of its kind in the state. All services are provided through a State of Hawaii Department of Health grant. Through collaboration with the State of Hawaii Department of Health Early Intervention Services, other related services that are available (include but not limited to) are special instruction (with vision specialist, hearing specialist), nutrition, psychological, social work, nursing, and assistive technology).
Kapiolani Early Intervention Services: 1-808-483-4912
In addition to the Kapiolani Early Intervention Services Program, the Kapiolani Early Intervention Services Central Program serves children ages birth to three years of age and their families, living in the Central Oahu areas of Mililani, Waipio, Waikele, and west Pearl City. Care Coordination, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Therapy, Special Instruction (with an Early Childhood Educator, Vision, or Hearing Specialist), Nutrition, Psychological, Social Work, Nursing, or Assistive Technology are among the services provided to eligible children and their families. These services are provided through a Hawaii Department of Health grant.
Central (Oahu) Early Intervention Services Program: 1-808-483-4917
For patients living in Central and West Oahu, Pali Momi provides quality rehabilitation services right in their backyard.
Therapists and doctors coordinate to ensure each patient receives comprehensive care to meet their rehabilitation needs.
Pali Momi Rehabilitation Services: 1-808-485-4269
Straub’s rehabilitation therapy services are comprehensive and include occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. Its mission is to restore and promote optimum function and health for patients of all ages.
Straub physical therapy (PT) is a structured rehabilitative program designed to meet individuals’ specific needs in restoring physical function. Physical therapy is a means to treat a variety of musculoskeletal and neurological impairments.
Straub’s therapists can help with the following:
- Post-operative orthopedic rehabilitation
- Balance impairment
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Gait training and functional losses that are a result of physical or neurological insult
Each patient is given individual attention with a licensed physical therapist for the entirety of their visit. Straub works to restore a person’s full functional potential through:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Patient education
- Manual therapy and modalities
For more information see our Straub Physical Therapy brochure (PDF).
Straub Physical Therapy: 1-808-522-4603
Straub occupational therapists evaluate and treat patients to improve functioning in daily life activities.Treatments focus on:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Upper extremity function
- Functional mobility training
- Therapeutic positioning
- Energy conservation/work simplification
- Visual-perceptual screening/training
- Equipment prescription (wheelchair, commode and adaptive aids)
Straub Occupational Therapy: 1-808-522-4602
Straub Speech Pathology
Straub speech pathologists evaluate and treat patients to improve communication, cognition and swallowing. Treatments focus on:
- Communication retraining for aphasia, dysarthria, dysphonia or head/neck trauma
- Cognitive retraining
- Augmentative communication devices
- Trach weaning protocols/Passy–Muir speaking valves
- Swallow/dysphagia evaluation and treatment
- Instrumental swallow assessment (videofluoroscopy, FEES, FEEST)
- Post-laryngectomy communication options
Straub Speech Therapy: 1-808-522-4602
To support patients on the island of Kauai, Wilcox offers a comprehensive range of rehabilitative services and specialized programs, including:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Hand therapy
- Speech therapy
- Sports and personal injury
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Speech impairment
- Mastectomy and lymphedema
- Chronic pain
- Upper extremity injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and TMJ
- Motor vehicle and work-related injuries
- Splinting/orthosis fabrication
- Repetitive strain
- Work reconditioning
- Falls and balance
- Certified hand therapy
Wilcox Rehabilitation: 1-808-245-1494
Services are offered at Wilcox between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., daily.