Our Child Protection Center (CPC) is the state leader in identifying, treating and helping children and families recover from child abuse. Founded in 1969 in collaboration with the State of Hawaii, the CPC has been helping Hawaii’s children for over 45 years. We take a multidisciplinary approach to care and prevention, treating the child and his or her family.
We also educate and train professionals in all disciplines, from doctors and nurses to social workers and law enforcement professionals.
Programs & Services available at:
The Kapiolani Child Protection Center (KCPC) was established in 1969 in collaboration with the State of Hawaii to assist in the early identification, treatment and prevention of child maltreatment.
Since that time, KCPC has become one of the leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of trauma related to child abuse and neglect.
As part of Kapiolani, KCPC also has access to the most sophisticated medical equipment and most qualified child health care specialists in the Pacific. KCPC uses a multidisciplinary approach to address the problem of child maltreatment through assessments and consultations, medical and mental health treatment, multidisciplinary training, research, and advocacy. Services are provided on Oahu, Hawaii, Kauai, Maui, Molokai and Lanai.
The Child Protection Team consists of pediatric consultants, nurses, psychologists, social workers and other staff to provide a coordinated approach to family care.
KCPC provides assessment and consultation services in the following areas:
- Medical, nursing, psychological and social work
- Psychological trauma evaluations
- Caretaker and perpetrator psychological evaluations
- Diagnostic medical forensic evaluations
- Comprehensive health assessments
- Pre-placement physical examination
- Developmental assessments
- Mental health assessments
- Substance abuse assessments
- Expert witness court testimony
KCPC provides an array of treatment services for victims of child maltreatment and their families, including:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Play psychotherapy for young children
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Crisis counseling and family therapy
- Behavioral management counseling
- Nursing care instruction for special needs children
State Child Protective Services Hotline: 1-808-832-5300
Toll-free from the Neighbor Islands: 1-800-494-3991