During the week of January 12, 2015, the following construction activities will occur:
- On Monday, January 12, 2015, special construction equipment will be mobilized in the morning for deep foundation work. Foundation work should last for the next couple of weeks.
- The construction of structural steel and concrete slab will also continue this week along with some drilling will cause a fair amount of noise & welding. For your eye safety, please do not stare at the welding flash.
- Mechanical, electrical and fireproofing work will also continue this week.
- There may be some congestion in the private fire lane and driveway as the construction of the generator building continues and construction trucks come in and out.
- Drivers using Bingham Street should expect some delays, as construction and commercial trucks will be in the area to haul away debris and delivering supplies/construction materials.
- There may be some congestion at the patient drop-off area due to these activities. Staff will be on hand to assist patients and families.
We apologize for any inconvenience
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support as we build a new hospital for Hawaii’s keiki.
Should you have any concerns or questions about our construction project, please call our construction information line at 808-535-7669.
Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
Demolition (using jackhammer, saw cutting, etc.) 9 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
There will be a break in construction during the midday when the crew stops for lunch.