During the week of February 16 and 23, 2015, the following construction activities will occur:
- The construction site will be closed on Monday, February 16 in observance of President's Day.
- Structural steel work will continue in the main site and cause a fair amount of noise & welding. For your eye safety, please do not stare at the welding flash.
- Concrete pouring, fireproofing, mechanical, and electrical work will also continue.
- Window framing work has begun and will extend over the next few weeks.
- Drilling for deep foundation work is now complete. On Saturday, January 24, 2015, the drill rig will be removed in the morning.
- There may be some congestion in the private fire lane and driveway as the construction of the generator building continues and construction trucks come in and out.
- Drivers using Bingham Street should expect some delays, as construction and commercial trucks will be in the area to haul away debris and delivering supplies/construction materials.
- There may be some congestion at the patient drop-off area due to these activities. Staff will be on hand to assist patients and families.
We apologize for any inconvenience
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support as we build a new hospital for Hawaii’s keiki.
Should you have any concerns or questions about our construction project, please call our construction information line at 808-535-7669.
Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
Demolition (using jackhammer, saw cutting, etc.) 9 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
There will be a break in construction during the midday when the crew stops for lunch.