This offering is an opportunity for increased use of ultrasound for diagnostic purposes.
1. Demonstrate correct technique for performing joint injections in the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint and various small joint using ultrasound.
2. Recognize anatomical landmarks necessary for injection techniques.
3. Identify the various pathologies for the use of ultrasound guided injections and imaging techniques used in evaluation.
4. Perform ultrasound guided injections for the use in upper and lower extremity joints such the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint and small joints and perform injections on cadaveric models.
5. Discuss the principles of ultrasound physics and the fundamentals of musculoskeletal imaging as well as a diagnostic and intervention tool through interpretation.
Hawai'i Pacific Health Bone & Joint Physicians, PAs and NPs.
In support of improving patient care, Hawai‘i Pacific Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s) ™ for physicians and 6.5 contact hours for nurses.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Please contact Chris Meister at Chris.Meister@hawaiipacifichealth.org.