This 3-4 week class (9 total hours) is designed for expectant parents in their last 3 months of pregnancy. This course covers female anatomy, warning signs, pre-labor signs, signs of labor, phases of labor, timing contractions, comfort measures and breathing techniques for labor. The class will also discuss relaxation exercises, birthing options, pain management, caesarean deliveries as well as your partner's role, postpartum care, and newborn appearance and procedures. Adults only please; we are unable to accommodate children in classes.
Things To Bring: Bring the following to every class (EXCEPT classes taught by Betty, bring following to your 2nd and 4th class ONLY):
- 2 standard "bedroom" pillows.
- 2 pencils or pens.
- Something to put on the floor like a beach towel, exercise mat or small blanket.
- Please bring a focal point: a small, portable item such as a stuffed animal, postcard, etc. This item will help you to focus your attention during breathing exercises.
- Wear comfortable pants/shorts and flat shoes/slippers for floor exercises.
- Water and snack/meal for break time.