From birth control through pregnancy and childbirth to menopause, our OB-GYNs help their patients with reproductive health care throughout their lives.
Our OB-GYNs treat an array of conditions, including infertility, menopause, hormonal disorders, sterilization or termination of pregnancy, reproductive-related cancers and incontinence. We also coordinate prenatal genetic counseling.
Our board-certified OB-GYNs can perform laser surgery, laparoscopy and colposcopy and provide surgical treatment of infertility and tubal reconstruction surgery.
Programs & Services available at:
Kapiolani is the only dedicated women’s hospital in the state of Hawaii. It is home to the Women’s Outpatient Clinic, offering complete obstetrical and gynecological services for women.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling: medical, dietary and social service counseling
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal Care: initial evaluation, high-risk screening, routine and high-risk prenatal care, counseling, education, and postpartum follow-up care
- Referral services including genetic counseling and fetal diagnostic services
- Infertility examination, diagnostics and treatment are available at the clinic or by referral. Referrals can also be made for procedures such as infertility surgery or in-vitro fertilization.
- Annual physical exams
- Pap smears
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STD's)
- Birth control methods
- Routine annual gynecologic exams including pelvic, breast and pap smears
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatment for abnormal pap smears
- Evaluation for and scheduling of major and minor gynecologic surgeries
General Medical Services
- Annual physical examinations, TB screening, immunizations and laboratory workups, treatment of non-emergent illnesses and injuries, including colds, flu, minor injuries, gastric upset, headaches, etc.
Minor Surgical Services
- Cyst biopsy and removal
- Skin tag and wart removal
- Incision and drainage of localized infections
- Nutritional counseling
- Endocrine clinic
- Teen clinic
Kapiolani Women’s Outpatient Clinic (OB-GYN): 1-808-983-8653
For the women of Central and West Oahu, an array of OB-GYN specialists is conveniently located at Pali Momi.
The ultrasound program ensures all exams are performed under the direct supervision of and interpreted by GYN ultrasound-trained physicians. Ultrasounds are offered for common conditions, such as:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Irregular cycles
- IUD complications
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Polycystic ovaries
- Pain and discomfort
- Other anomalies of the uterus
First trimester obstetrical ultrasound and breast ultrasound services are also available.
Pali Momi is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
Physician Referral: 1-808-535-7733
Straub's board-certified OB-GYN physicians provide women with compassionate, personalized obstetric and gynecological care.
- Family planning services
- Infertility evaluation
- Termination of pregnancy
- Management of high-risk obstetric patients
- Management of diabetic pregnancies
- Prenatal genetic counseling available by referral
- Laser surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Colposcopy procedures
- Treat menopause and its related problems
- Provide hormone replacement therapy
- Reproductive-related cancer or hormonal disorders
- Surgical treatment of infertility and tubal reconstruction surgery
- Specialty consultations in urogynecology (incontinence problems in women)
Straub Obstetrics & Gynecology: 1-808-522-4777
With the majority of Kauai's babies born at Wilcox, obstetrics and gynecology requires a strong team. There’s no need to leave Kauai to receive quality maternity care. From low-risk (with minimal intervention) to high-risk pregnancies, we work with you to honor your birthing plan.
Wilcox’s board-certified physicians provide services that include general obstetrics and gynecology, infertility and laparoscopic surgery.
If needed, we also offer immediate and seamless connection to maternal fetal medicine specialists at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children.
We even provide free childbirth classes and a lactation support group. Call 245-1441 to schedule a tour.
OB-GYN services are also available at the new Kapaa clinic every Wednesday. Call 822-3431 to make an appointment.
Wilcox Obstetrics & Gynecology Department: 245-1511