Your eyes can be affected by illness, injury, vision disorders and age-related changes such as cataracts. Regular check-ups and preventive care are important to achieve optimal eyesight and to spot disease or disorders early, so they can be treated most effectively.
Our eye specialists are doctors and other experts who can help you maintain good eye health and vision. Their goal is to provide the best care to ensure comfort and preserve your vision.
Eye Health at Pali Momi
Founded in 1993, Pali Momi’s Retina Center is the state's first comprehensive clinical and research center dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the retina.
Thanks to advances in treatment, many blinding retinal conditions are now treatable, including age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, which are the leading causes of vision loss in Hawaii.
- Fundus Photography
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Computerized Digital Angiography
- Indocyanine Green (ICG) Angiography
- A and B Scan Ultrasonography
- Standardized A Scan for ocular tumor evaluation
- Electroretinography (ERG)
- Electro-oculography (EOG)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) – high definition imaging of the retina
Treatment of Retinal Problems
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy
- Diabetic Vitrectomy
- Macular Degeneration Management
- Implant Repositioning
- Lens Fragment Removal
- Retinal Detachment Repair
- Endophthalmitis Management
- Macular Hole/Pucker Surgery
- Subretinal Surgery
- Slit-lamp Laser/Endolaser/Indirect Laser
The Retina Center is located at Pali Momi, Suite 470.
Retina Center (physician referral): 1-808-487-8928
Electrophysiology testing: 1-808-485-4240
This service is available at: Kapiolani Pali Momi Straub Wilcox