On Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022, work for our chill water piping replacement project will be taking place at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children. As part of this project, water pipes will be staged on the Punahou Parking Deck and will be lifted to the rooftop via a crane.
This work will be done from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and will have the following impact on parking and traffic in the area:
- A section of Punahou Street will be closed with a south (makai) bound lane converted for north (mauka) bound access. There will be no access to the Punahou Parking Deck during this time. All individuals should park in the Kapiolani Parking Garage. Note: Vehicles parked on the Punahou Parking Deck will NOT be able to exit the parking Deck / Garage from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- See map below for closure and traffic route changes.
- The bus stop located at the corner of Punahou Street and Bingham Street will be temporarily relocated south (makai), closer to the Central Union Church parking lot.
- Pedestrian traffic will be routed to the west side of Punahou Street (Shriner’s Hospital side) from the corners of Punahou Street/Bingham Street and Punahou Street/South Beretania Street.
- Noise levels are expected to be higher for the patient rooms facing Punahou Street and Central Union Church.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make necessary improvements to our facility.