On Sunday, September 26, 2021 Cooling Towers will be replaced in the Punahou & Bingham area of the hospital fronting the Physician Office Tower from 6:00am to 6:00pm. This will result in the following:
- Sunday, September 26th, a section of Punahou Street will be closed with a south (Makai) bound lane converted for north (Mauka) bound access. There will be no access to the Punahou Parking Deck during this time and individuals should park in the Kapiolani Parking Garage during this time. Vehicles parked in the Punahou Parking Desk will NOT be able to exit the parking garage between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. See map below for closure and re-direction of traffic.
- The bus stop located at the corner of Punahou Street & Bingham will be temporarily relocated south (Makai), closer to the Central Union Church parking lot.
- Pedestrian traffic will be routed to the west side of Punahou Street (Shriners Hospitals side) for the corners of Punahou Street/Bingham and Punahou Street/South Beretania Street.
- Noise levels are expected to be higher for the patient rooms facing Punahou & Bingham.
- Drive-Up COVID-19 Specimen Collection Site will be closed on Sunday for this project.
- Patients are encouraged to arrive early for appointments to accommodate for the section closure of Punahou Street.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make necessary improvements to our facility.