On Monday August 24th, 2020 HECO transformers will be installed in the Bingham area of the hospital fronting the main hospital building. This will result in the following:
- Monday August 24th, Bingham Street fronting the main hospital will be closed from 8:30am to 3:00pm.
- Bingham Street from the patient drop-off area to Alexander Street will be converted from a one-way street to allow for two-way traffic. See map below for closure and re-direction of traffic.
- COVID-19 specimen collection site will remain operational but will be relocated to the upper Punahou parking deck for the day. Elite parking attendants will be available to help with directing patients to the swabbing station.
- Entry and Exit will be managed through the Punahou Exit with the assistance of a Honolulu Police Officer.
- Physicians are asked to park in the main parking structure to alleviate congestion in the Punahou parking deck for the day.
- All pedestrian traffic will be routed through the hospital main entry and gift shop entry. No access will be available via the Bingham sidewalk from Punahou through Patient drop off. Use Punahou walkthrough near the bus stop to gain access to the Gift Shop entry (see map).
- Patients are encouraged to arrive early for appointments to accommodate for the closure of Bingham Street.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make necessary improvements to our facility.