Available at the following centers:
At Hawaii Pacific Health, our Nutrition Services Departments promote the health and well-being of our patients, staff and community through quality nutritional care and education.
Our Nutrition Services team provides care in the following areas (depending on facility):
- Assessment of current dietary habits & health status
- Individualized nutrition plan and lifestyle coaching
- Label reading and healthy shopping habits
- Recipe alteration and healthy cooking guidelines
- Exercise consultation
- Disease prevention
- Goal setting and action plans
- Management of medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- Sweeter Choice Class (gestational diabetes nutrition education).
- Teen and OB-GYN nutrition counseling.
- Women’s Cancer Center individualized nutrition assessment and diet consultation.
- Nutrition education for oncology support groups.
Our expert registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) translate evidence-based nutrition into everyday solutions for healthy living. Our RDNs have degrees in dietetics from well-respected, accredited universities. They are licensed by the State of Hawaii and certified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration to practice medical nutrition therapy.
Our RDNs will provide you with up-to-date, practical information and nutritional counseling tailored for your individual needs. Private nutrition counseling also is available to the community (for a fee).