Available at the following centers:
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children up to the age of five (WIC) is a federally funded program that provides (free of charge to participants):
- Nutrition assessment and education.
- Breastfeeding promotion, education and support.
- Substance abuse cessation referrals.
- Health and social service referrals.
- Supplemental foods.
- Referral services to the Kapiolani WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor for pregnant WIC participants who are in their first trimester of pregnancy and are interested in participating in the Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program.
Qualified participants must meet the income criteria and have a medical or nutrition risk.