The updated COVID-19 vaccine (2023-2024 formula) has been authorized for children 6 months through 11 years of age. Hawaii Pacific Health will be offering the updated COVID-19 vaccine to children ages 6 months through 4 years during clinics held at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children.
The clinics will be offering the following vaccine options for children ages 6 months to 4 years:
- The Moderna vaccine to children who have not received a prior COVID-19 vaccine or received a prior Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) vaccine only to children that have received a prior Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccinations are available by appointment only. Parents and guardians can schedule an appointment below.
Children ages 5 and older may receive their updated COVID-19 vaccine at convenient community retail pharmacies.
Kapiolani Medical Center For
Women & Children Updated COVID-19
Offering Moderna and Pfizer Updated COVID-19 vaccines for children ages 6 months through 4 years.Vaccine Clinic Dates
Saturday, Nov. 18, 2023
Vaccine Clinic Hours
By checking this box, I certify:
I am the parent and legal guardian of this child ages 6 months to 4 years old and I grant permission for the vaccine to be given to this child.
All children getting vaccinated must be accompanied to their appointment by a parent or guardian.
The parent or guardian who makes the appointment grants permission for the vaccine to be given.
Appointments need to be scheduled under the patient’s name (not the parent or guardian’s name).
Each person receiving a vaccine needs their own appointment.
It may not be possible to schedule more than one child for an appointment at the same time. However, we will make every effort to accommodate scheduling groups with multiple children that are able to come together. Please note this may cause delays with your scheduled appointment time.
Preparing for Your Appointment at the Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Kapiolani Medical Center For Women & Children
1319 Punahou St.
Honolulu, HI 96826
Check in for Updated COVID-19 vaccine appointments on the 3rd floor of the Diamond Head Tower in the Multidisciplinary Clinic.
Self-parking is available in the Kapiolani parking garage.
Convenient valet parking is also available for a fee. Enter the patient drop-off area from Bingham Street and see the valet staff for assistance.
What to Bring
- Photo ID: Adults will be asked to show ID.
- Health Insurance Card (if you have health insurance)
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card – For children who have a COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Prevaccination Checklist – If you are able to complete and print the checklist, please do so and bring it to your appointment. If you cannot print this document, we will have them available for you to complete at your appointment.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
- Check-in – When checking in for your appointment, be prepared to show the items listed.
- Vaccination – Following check-in, you will be directed to a vaccination station where a health professional will explain the process and administer the shot.
- Monitoring – For your child’s safety and well-being, those who are vaccinated will be monitored for any side effects by medical personnel for a minimum of 15 minutes after receiving their shot.
- Scheduling Your Next Dose – The Moderna vaccine for children 6 months through 4 years of age is a two-dose series (three if immunocompromised). The initial two doses are administered one month apart followed by a third dose (if immunocompromised) administered at least one month after the second dose. Before leaving, staff will help schedule an appointment for your child’s next dose.
Pfizer Vaccine Fact Sheet