During the week of March 30 and April 6, 2015, the following construction activities will occur:
- The construction site will be open on Thursday, March 26th (Prince Kuhio Day) and Friday, April 3rd (Good Friday).
- Structural steel work will continue in the main site and cause a fair amount of noise & welding. For your eye safety, please do not stare at the welding flash.
- Concrete pouring, fireproofing, mechanical, and electrical work will also continue.
- Exterior window framing and installation has begun.
- There may be some congestion in the private fire lane and driveway as the construction of the generator building continues and construction trucks come in and out.
- Drivers using Bingham Street should expect some delays, as construction and commercial trucks will be in the area to haul away debris and delivering supplies/construction materials.
- There may be some congestion at the patient drop-off area due to these activities. Staff will be on hand to assist patients and families.
SPECIAL UPDATE -- From Thursday, April 2 at 7:00 am to Saturday, April 4 at 6:00 pm :
As part of our construction for the new NICU-PICU Building, some work will need to be done in the walkway from the Kapiolani Parking Garage to the Blue Covered sidewalk. We will need to alter the walking path slightly to accommodate this project.
- We will be providing a temporary and safe walking path through the first floor of the parking garage.
- The path will be clearly marked.
- Customer service attendants will be stationed along the pathway to assist.
- Access to the EPIC training room will remain open.
We apologize for any inconvenience
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support as we build a new hospital for Hawaii’s keiki.
Should you have any concerns or questions about our construction project, please call our construction information line at 808-535-7669.
Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
Demolition (using jackhammer, saw cutting, etc.) 9 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
There will be a break in construction during the midday when the crew stops for lunch.