During the week of January 26 - February 2, 2015, the following construction activities will occur:
- Drilling for deep foundation work is now complete. On Saturday, January 24, 2015, the drill rig will be removed in the morning.
- The construction of structural steel, concrete slab, and chipping piles to elevation will continue and cause a fair amount of noise and welding. For your eye safety, please do not stare at the welding flash.
- Mechanical, electrical and fireproofing work will also continue this week.
- There may be some congestion in the private fire lane and driveway as the construction of the generator building continues and construction trucks come in and out.
- Drivers using Bingham Street should expect some delays, as construction and commercial trucks will be in the area to haul away debris and delivering supplies/construction materials.
- There may be some congestion at the patient drop-off area due to these activities. Staff will be on hand to assist patients and families.
We apologize for any inconvenience
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support as we build a new hospital for Hawaii’s keiki.
Should you have any concerns or questions about our construction project, please call our construction information line at 808-535-7669.
Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
Demolition (using jackhammer, saw cutting, etc.) 9 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
There will be a break in construction during the midday when the crew stops for lunch.