Effective Saturday, March 21, we have revised our visitor policy for our medical centers and have the following restrictions in place:
- Pediatric patients – One adult visitor will be allowed at patient’s bedside.
- Obstetric patients – One adult visitor will be allowed at patient’s bedside. This applies to patients being assessed for labor, admitted in labor or for elective or C-section delivery, or postpartum.
- All other adult patients – No visitors allowed at this time. Exceptions may be made at the physician’s discretion.
New Entrances for Patients and Visitors
Access to the medical centers is now limited to the following:
Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children
- Main Hospital
- Front entrance door to main lobby
- Punahou Street entrance near gift shop
- Diamond Head Tower
- Front door entrance to main lobby
Pali Momi Medical Center
- First floor main entrance on Pali Momi Road
Straub Medical Center
- King Street entrance near Admissions
Wilcox Medical Center
- Imaging/Cardiac Services entrance
- Same Day Surgery entrance
The Hawaii Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that anyone who is mildly ill stay home to avoid the spread of illness. If you are feeling ill and have a non-urgent appointment (for example, routine follow-up or wellness exam), please call the clinic to reschedule your non-urgent appointment when you are feeling better.
If your illness is a serious concern to you, then contact your Primary Care Provider for further guidance. Primary Care Providers have alternative options for you to seek care such as:
- Scheduling a telephone visit
- Sending a MyChart message
- Sending a MyChart e-visit
Postponement of Elective Procedures and Office Visits
All elective and non-urgent surgeries, procedures and office visits at Hawaii Pacific Health medical centers and clinics are being postponed for at least 30 days. Patients who have elective surgeries scheduled are being notified. Contact your individual physician’s office for more information.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we’ve canceled or postponed large gatherings at our medical centers, as well as community classes and events. This includes the following:
- Hawaii Pacific Health Women’s 10K and 5K Fun Run
- All classes at the Kapiolani Women’s Center at Artesian Plaza and most classes at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children. A few of the maternity classes will convert to virtual classes. For more information, please call 527-2588.
- Visit our Classes webpage for status updates on specific classes.