Laurel Coleman, MD
Dr. Laurel Coleman is a geriatric/palliative care physician at Kauai Medical Clinic. A volunteer spokesperson for the Alzheimer’s Association, Coleman also is a member of the Professional Advisory Board Associations on Elder Affairs for the state Executive Office on Aging.
Coleman practiced geriatric medicine in Maine for more than 20 years before moving to Kauai in 2014 with her husband, Dr. Steve Coleman, who is a gastroenterologist at Kauai Medical Clinic.
She enjoys exploring the outdoors, golfing, paddling, hiking and volunteering in the community. She also tries to keep up with technology and current events so that she can stay in touch with her two children on the mainland.
Recent Articles by Dr. Laurel Coleman
Certain senses have been shown to unlock memories in those with brain degeneration. read more
Most of us are familiar with Alzheimer’s disease; however, Alzheimer’s is only one of several types of “dementia.” read more
- Love Your Liver: Look for These 8 Signs of Organ Damage
- In Defense of Carbs: Why They Can Still Work for Your Eating Plan
- Ocean Safety Advice for Your Beach Baby
- Easing Anxiety Over Colonoscopy Prep
- What Does the Appendix Do & Other Questions About the Body’s Mystery Organ
- Save Your Skin from the Effects of Sun, Smoke & Other Signs of Aging