Cancer Care: Cure Begins with Collaboration” is a free community health event featuring Hawaii Pacific Health physicians and partners who will discuss cancer related issues that impact the entire community.
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Ala Moana Hotel, Hibiscus Ballroom
- Wilcox Medical Center in Lihue
- Pali Momi Medical Center in Aiea
- Prevention and Early Detection – Hear how Hawaii Pacific Health and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance are working together to create a healthier Hawaii. Discover ways to help prevent cancer with nutrition, exercise and vaccination. Learn about the populations at highest risk for the most common cancer in Hawai’i – breast cancer. Our specialists will also present information on early detection and treatment of lung cancer, which is the No. 1 cancer killer in Hawaii.
- Expert Care Team Panels – Participants will be able to engage with our multidisciplinary expert care teams and have a focused discussion on the following cancers:
- Breast cancer
- Prostate, kidney and bladder cancers
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
* Wilcox Medical Center will provide a panel of physicians who will speak to all cancer types.
For more information, please call Hawaii Pacific Health Conference Services at 808-522-3469.